Online advertising works
Advertising online using Google and Facebook works because it’s targeted.
When you use it effectively, the right people see your business at the right time. Combined with the right ads, getting good results is easy.
And the best thing? You only pay when people click on your ads.
Advertising online has hidden benefits
When you advertise online you unlock benefits that other types of advertising can’t deliver.
With online ads you can:
- Know exactly where your money is going, because you only pay when people click on your ads.
- Target your customers by location or device. Instead of paying for advertising in regions that don’t matter, you can reach people in the right area, when they search for services or products like yours. Combined with mobile targeting, this gives you a powerful way of reaching people when they are in your suburb.
- Run multiple campaigns, test, and measure. You can run multiple campaigns at the same time, test campaigns against each other, and test which of your messages will work best. No other type of advertising gives you this power.
- Target people who visited your website but didn’t buy. Called ‘remarketing’, you can reach all visitors, people who did not take a specific action (like contact you), or people who only looked at a particular product. This keeps you top-of-mind for people who aren’t yet ready to buy. And when they are, they’re more likely to go to you.
- Get data to improve your business. Online advertising platforms give you a lot of data about your potential customers. You will learn when they visit your site, what they look at, the types of people that they are, and what they’re searching for. This gives you the incredible ability to predict customer trends, and create a highly agile business.
Different platforms give you different types of targeting, and different types of data. Your marketing strategy and your growth goals will help you decide whether Google or Facebook (or maybe both!) is for you.
Know your goals before you start
It’s easy to throw money at ads online. It’s not so easy to make the most of every dollar you pay. That’s why it’s critical to know your goals before you start.
When you work with Online Path, we spend time with you to understand your strategy, your goals, and what’s important to you right now. By being focused on achieving one goal at a time, you will achieve more, faster.